About the Midterm
- Date: Wed 18 Oct 2017
- The midterm will cover all material up to and including the Week 5 Perform exercise (Prepare/Perform exercises, lecture/Rehearse exercises, Assignment 1).
On-campus (L0101, L0201, L0301, L0401, L5101):
- During your lecture section - you must write with the section you are registered in! Location is posted below.
- Bring your TCard!
- Length: 50 minutes
- Written on paper: no computers, calculators, or other aids
- Closed book
- Some function/method descriptions will be provided (like those you get from
- You may write using a pencil; however, work written in pencil will not be considered for remarking.
On-campus midterm rooms Section(s) Time Location Last name begins with: L0101 10am
A - L
M - Z
A - Ma
Mc - Z
A - Mc
Me - Z
A - M
N - Z
A - M
N - Z
- The midterm will be available online between 9am and 9pm on the test date. More details and instructions will be posted to Blackboard closer to the test date.
Midterm Help Page
Students' Frequently Asked Questions on Midterm Topics
We've identified some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that students have been asking about course material that might be included on the midterm, such as
while loops, when to use
Past Midterm Tests
A word of advice: study first without looking at the solutions. Remember, you won't have solutions to refer to during the test - make sure you focus on how to solve each problem, rather than just what the answer is.
Note: These solutions were not formatted for posting and may contain small errors that previous instructors didn't fix in the files. For some problems, there may be more than one correct solution. If you have questions about solutions, please ask on Piazza.