Every student has moments in a course when they get stuck on some concept or problem. It's great to try to solve it yourself, but you should also consider taking advantage of some of the help available to you.
The calendar below will show information about help available each week. We will be adding to it during the first week of class. Double-check the room number for each office hour, as we may hold office hours in multiple locations.
Bring your TCard to access the help queue in BA 2230. Note that during busy office hours, there may be a time limit for each student.
This calendar is subject to change.
- Instructor Office Hours: you can ask any question you like about the course. Please use these! You can attend office hours with any instructor, regardless of which section you are enrolled in. You can ask about anything related to the course, and any administrative issues (remark requests, missed work, etc.) should be brought to the Course Coordinator's office hours.
Jen: T 1-2pm (for admin only), W 12:30-1:30pm, F 12:30-1:30pm
Jacqueline: M 3-4, W 11:30-12:30
Tom: M 11:30-12:30, F 11:30-12:30
- First Year Course Office Hours (Monday-Friday 1-3pm): TAs will be available in BA2230 to answer questions about any first year course. You can ask them questions about any of your coursework.
- CSC108 TA Office Hours (TBA): In addition to the First Year Office Hours, before assignments are due there will be some CSC108-only office hours held by TAs in BA2230. They can answer your questions about your CSC108 coursework.
- CSC Help Centre (Monday-Friday 4-6pm): Held in BA 2230, this is a place where students taking any CSC course can drop in and ask course or computer science related questions. It is open all term Monday to Friday from 4-6pm.
- The online discussion forums are available 24 hours a day. Please do not post assignment or exercise solutions, or partial solutions, even if you know they are incorrect, to the discussion forums.